Whether you have a new teenage driver, or this is your first time with a garage for your car, you may be worried about objects being hit when you or someone else pulls into your garage. Well, it may be time to set up a tennis ball marker in your garage so you and others know where to correctly stop. This trick helps protect your car, your garage, and other items that may be around.
Now, there are two different ways to go about this. You can either do the really simple way, or the more advanced way (this involves a pulley system). Let’s take it one at a time.
How to Set Up a Tennis Ball Marker in Your Garage (Easy)
- Park your car in the garage exactly where it should be so that it is out of the way of the garage door, walls, or any items in the garage.
- Attach a hook to the ceiling of the garage to hang the string and tennis ball from. Make sure it is directly above where the steering wheel is in the car.
- Attach another hook to the tennis ball and tie a long string to it.
- Tie the other end of the string to the hook in ceiling so that the tennis ball is just touching the windshield of your car.
- Voila! The tennis ball marker in your garage is setup!
Here is a video for the easy style:
How to Set Up a Tennis Ball Marker in Your Garage (Advanced)
Follow the steps from above, with some changes.
- Replace the hook in the ceiling with a pulley.
- Run the string through the pulley and towards the garage door.
- Attach string towards the top of the garage door after you have measured where the ball should be when the door is open and closed.
- Test it out. If you ball stops in the correct spot while the door is open and retracts to the top of the ceiling when the door is closed, then you are good to go!
Here is a video for the advanced style:
For more tips and tricks with parking, driving, and other fun topics stay to Corwin Dodge